Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Those Special Days Just Keep Coming In Our Life!

August brings with it, another special day in our family's life...the 1st Wedding Anniversary for our Purdue couple! It's hard to believe it's been a full year already, but I can clearly remember our own First Anniversary in 1985 when I thought it was a HUGE milestone. Not everyone felt that way- but then, they'd been married several years and thought our 'big first' was such a tiny dent in time...and it WAS. But it was no less important, and I feel the same way for our own children's timelines. While this past year has had many changes for this young couple (and everyone in both sides of their families as well), we still hold fast that GOD has a special plan for each of our kids, and HE's working on those plans each and every minute they live! This very moment I type, has the couple just arriving back from Minnesota, where Brett was offered to interview for a job. What a wonderful chance that is for them, as Holli has family living there! No matter where our kids all end up; we hope they will always know that home is indeed where the heart is!
My ChiefHubby and I just celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary in July (which I have yet to post on here... yeah, yeah, I know). And all I can think of when I look back on our own wedding photos is that our love has grown deeper, surer, more fun, and that "mystery" of GOD's LOVE that He puts into a marriage -if you allow Him to- just gets better and better. This is what our hope is for each of our sons and their wife, and wife-to-be: that they never let go of that wonderful love they had during the moment they made those vows to one another.  And that they someday see how much GOD has blessed them.  Whenever I look at our children... I know The LORD has blessed US when He gave us these beautiful gifts!

 

Thanks for allowing me to share, and HAPPY BLOGGING!

No comments: