Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Friday, March 22, 2019

Tim Holtz Addicts; March Tag.... Springing Up!

     Oh my; there's that TH Paper Doll little blondie girl again! But this time, she's up to getting spring going! While I meant to get this posted yesterday, the first day of Spring, I'm pretty happy just to make it in the same week. Too early and it was still Winter. And LORD does know we have all had quite enough of Winter 2018-2019 already. And enough with the illnesses it brings with it, as well. (My inside voice was yelling "DIE, Winter, DIE!!")
      When we did this Tag the first time around, I didn't have everything that was needed in order to do all the same steps that Tim did on his. I think that's what is the most fun about these "re-dos"; the fact that we can not only make a different take, but we also can fulfill the steps with the necessary listed items. Just three years ago, the stores I usually shop at didn't have very much in TH products. Both they, and I, have come a long way since then; during a visit Monday to my Hobby Lobby, I found both the TH and Sizzix areas stocked to the gills! So I managed to get the Alterations Mixed Media #2 Thinlits Die. Yes, sometimes in the Midwest, it can take a longer time to get the same items in stores. 

                                             Here's the original Tags of 2016- March...


Tim's March 2016 Tag

You can find the details on my March 2016 take HERE


Here's the new Tag #THA_MAR...


These are what I got out to start with.

Gesso is soooo fun!!

The two different bases I made- the lower left is TH Alterations Thinlits Die Mixed Media 3,
which is the only one I had at the time I started, but that trip Monday gave me Media 2! 

I'd had the lighter TH Distress Crayons Set #5 just a few weeks ago (joining Set #3
in my drawer), but had yet to use them. And then, the very day I get them out-
another order came with the Set #2 in it!! It's all timing, babes...heheh!

Here's the smudge going on- in the pic I posted on FB page "Tim Holtz Addicts" (THA)
Seriously; HOW DID I DO WITHOUT THESE CRAYONS?!?

Two of the Distress Crayons from the pastel set and the bright set
made some ocean for the planet Earth (TH Alterations Thinlit Die Globe
was used and layered over this later).
After smudging, I sprayed a bit of water on part of the blues...

...and got perfect 7 seas!

TH Globe die topping off the oceans.
I fussy cut this, just following the rim around the Earth.

Front sides weren't enough. I needed backsides to have more Distress Crayon fun,
plus use that new Media 2 Die!!

Here in Indiana, the Spring weather can still be -shall we say- surprising?
Our Older Son was born May 2, 1989, on a perfectly shorts-worthy, sunny Spring day.
Four days later; it snowed. Frost can still happen even on nice days.
So Tim's Frosted was a perfect addition for the wings on these Paper Dolls.
The Thinlits Dies cut almost all the way through, more like slotted cuts,
but with my TH Shears...they cut through like cutting on perforations.
Not too shabby!

You know me and my Shrinky Dinks by now.
These cut out VERY NICELY with the TH Alterations Thinlits Die Set:
Mini Detailed Butterflies.

Here's the end results...

Tag 2 is on the left and is for our Older Daughter, Ashley.
She celebrates her 28th Birthday this Saturday on the 23rd,
and is expecting our first GrandDaughter on the 29th!
There's my own Tag 1 on the right side.

Both Backsides- backgrounds done just like the front side (the March Technique used)
and then die cuts of the TH Alterations Thinlits Set:Wildflower Stems #2
and adorned with TH IdeaOlogy Quote Tokens.

Some Closeups...





Yes; Ashley's Paper Doll is sprouting a flower out of her head!!
I figured the placement of that was cute since she herself will soon sprout. *smile*

Those Shrinky Dink TH Butterflies are soooo CUTE- and EASY to do!!
I tinted them with TH Alcohol Inks in Sail Boat Blue...

...and Watermelon.




Tim Holtz items used:

Alterations Dies:                                                                     
              Thinlits Sets: Globe                                                      
             Mini Detailed Butterflies
Mixed Media #2
Mixed Media #3
Tag Collection    
      Wildflower Stems #2

TH Ranger Distress Products:                                                                        
Distress Crayons (Set #2 and #5)                   
                  Distress Oxide Inks (Antique Linen and Vintage Photo)

TH IdeaOlogy:                                                                       
Spinners                        
Quote Chips                   
Quote Tokens                 
Long Fasteners             
Wire Pins                       
Jump Rings                   
Charmed                       
Number Brads              

TH Paperie:                                                       
Frosted                        
Paper Stash- Classic Kraft
Paper Dolls                  


That's it for now. Have a great weekend, and as always:

BE SAFE &
HAPPY BLOGGING!



3 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

I love how the globe turned out, and I really love all the detail and especially how you always complete the back side of your tags! Amazing work!

Maggi said...

The globes turned out so great, love how you made the oceans! I really like toe backgrounds and especially the back of the tags. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Frilly and Funkie.

sarascloset said...

theses are some great tags, Lyla! The globe is so cool--how genius to use the die cut for added texture. I agree, I love these crayons--probably my favorite mixed media supply. You've used them brilliantly here! And the frosted butterflies--be still my heart! I'm definitely going to give this a try! Hugs!