Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Just a little set of gifts...for my Blogger Readers!

   This CHRISTmas went past as quickly as all the other years, and I can once again actually see the floor of my Craft Room, after two months of hiding everything in there. It's almost time to let go of the gatherings for the Holiday Season, and just relax a bit until the hustle and bustle of the new 2020 year begins. But it was all nice while it lasted, and 2019 can finally draw to a close all on its own.
  I can't exactly say I had some extra time to do these last 2 items for the year, but I made the time because I had picked up these two oh-so-cute little faux books at a Tuesday Morning during a last shopping stop for stocking stuffers. They were way too cute to just skip over, and an idea formed inside my head on the drive home. 
     While the fun of fantasizing a jolly St Nick leaving all the presents magically underneath the tree for everyone to open (I even made all the tags this year say "From Santa" for even the adult kids as well as all the Grandbabies), we get so caught up in all the goings on, that we tend to forget the entire reason WHY we have Christmas in the first place: the birth of the Christ Child who was literally born to die for our souls to be pure enough for Heaven's eternity. So, this is what I did...

The faux book on the left is about the size of a 4x6 photo on the inside.
The smaller faux book is actually a gift card holder.
Both came entirely finished inside and out- but with nothing to fill the insides.


We'll start with the Secular...

It took a LOT of sanding down the TH IdeaOlogy Snowman, but it was worth the effort!
The TH Woodlands got a coat of TH Distress Oxide Pine Needles and I 
ended up only fitting in the baby deer- painted brown with white-tailed baby spots, too.

Frontside of Santa faux book.

The gift is for EVERYONE!


A closeup of the wreath shows some real mistletoe...

… and up in front of the moon: Santa flying over!

Yes, it's still fun for the kids- and the kid in all of us at all ages.

Backside of Santa faux book.


The second faux book tells the REAL reason we have CHRISTmas...


I searched online until I found the desired clip art, and saved the files, then printed
each twice- once for practice fitting, and once for actual use.

After hand cutting, came sanding with several sized sanders, then inking a bit 
so the core was also black.

The light sets come in many different sizes and for only a few dollars.
Buying them after Christmas is even cheaper.

I absolutely could see what was going inside this- and loved the background here!


This is what I ended up with:





        I indulged myself in the fun making these, and sharing them with you is a blessing!
I am so humbled to have so many folks checking in on my crafting and allowing me to share with
them throughout the year. I plan to participate in The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog,
and perhaps I'll take the plunge to add my makes in another Challenge as well. We'll see
     In the meantime, THANKS for joining me this year, and enjoy the last days of 2019,
and may your New Year 2020 be ever bright and blessed!
                                                 
                                                                            As always:

                                           Stay safe, and 
                                  HAPPY BLOGGING!!              

1 comment:

sarascloset said...

Sorry to b late for these wonderfully altered books, but so happy to finally arrive! These are two charmers, and I can almost feel the fun you had making them! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas visiting your families! Happy New Year to you and your family (a little late, too--been trying to catch up with all my DT projects while being yucky sick!) Hugs, not bugs! Sara Emily