Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Mini Album Makers Challenge: February...Compact Noteables!

   This post is the SECOND COPY OF TWO posts, as it is for
       The Mini Album Makers (MAM) FEBRUARY Challenge 

      As stated above, this post will be an ALTERED copy of the FIRST POST simply because it was easier for me to split them up in entering my set of tins into two different Challenges. I understand where others may be part of one type of craft, but not care for the other type- even if I think they are part of the same. Since this was sort of a fluke for me with Valentine's Day, and I want to make sure I am following the rules of both Challenges. 
(And- for the flashback chat on each past Challenge.)
   I was thoroughly surprised to win the January MAM Challenge, and just over the moon for the set of stencils that came to me (from London, no less) as the prize! They will get a lot of loving use from me in future Mini Books and Tags. THANKS to so many folks for the kind comments, and just for checking out my blog- it's mind boggling for me to think that what I make is inspirational to others. I think of it as an important way to make smiles happen all over the world, and there's no joking; Crafters are some of the kindest, most generous, helpful, and happy group of folks anywhere! It makes sharing ideas so easy and fun...way too much fun...lol!! 
    With that in mind; let's get going on the FEBRUARY FUN...

I'd had the smaller tins stashed away from who-knows-when, and thought I could
make the three into a cute 'set' seeing I have different likes for Valentine's Day.

I started out with a few thoughts on how to fill the tins, as well as decorating them.
This is where the Mini Book ideas came into play. 

An order from The Funkie Junkie Boutique came to me with these SO CUTE Freebies,
and I knew I had to use them for a Mini Book!
The Tim Holtz IdeaOlogy Trinket Tin was the perfect size to match this-
in fact, this may be one of the 'cards' used in Tim's Seasonal Paperie (retired)
that I still have small scraps from. So I got that paper out to see if I could find another like it.

I ended up not using the Shrink Paper. Nor did I use the TH Memoranda.
I didn't realize at the time, how tiny I was going to end up!

While I usually always get out the "Tim Stock" as I call his Coordinations Paperie,
I ended up using the pastel set and the Americana up above this photo.
The regular Copy Paper and the Mat Board- I'll likely always use in my Mini Books,
and both come in colors as well as white- bonus!

I needed a die that was smaller than the Trinket Set Frame, but rounded and
able to cut the Mat Board. I chose one of my fave Sizzix Dies for this- Tag #2.
Just cut off the 'handle' and the base of the Tag was a perfect Front/Back 
for the tiniest Book. (You'll see use of the others things below.)

Eileen Hull's Passport Die (die cut items and then cut down to fit with the help of a guillotine)
meets Tim Holtz IdeaOlogy Trinket Tin!
Match made in Craft Heaven! ;)

Here's the full die cut set...

… and further cutting with the guillotine.
I actually cut them all just a tad bit smaller- to allow the white of the Mat Board to show through.
The pink just didn't 'pop' as much without that whiteness.
I then decided on my path- shabbiness!
My TH Sander got used on EVERYTHING from this point on.

I took all the hearts that were Tim Holtz die cut Freebies (plus a few more I made with 
my own matching Movers&Shapers Mini Hearts Die Set) and added a bit of Distress Ink
in Victorian Velvet. Two of the tiniest hearts got altered into green leaves by using a Blender Tool
to add Distress Ink Bundled Sage and outlined with Peeled Paint Distress Marker.
Cut a bit of the ribbon included in that package, and fray it out, add a few IdeaOlogy Roses
to the tiny pearled hearts (also in the Freebies); it all came together to form the first Book/Tin.
Other than that ink - I wanted to stay as INKLESS as possible on these.

PINK!
That's the title and it really fits!




Yes; I did find another in that Tim Holtz Seasonal (Retired) Paperie!
So it made a very cute tiny 'gift card'.



On to the Middle Tin:

This candy tin did NOT fit the TH Trinket Tin Frames Die, but I thought the INSIDE
of the frame would make a cute Book.
And it did...
I'm  calling this one
LOVE AMERICAN STYLE!
(And now you other Baby Boomers out there can't get the song out of YOUR head, either. lol!)

It does shine, because after burnishing the paper onto the tin- bottom and top on the outside-
I nipped the paper, tapped some paint here and there in a messy way, then gouged it a couple of main spots...then coated it all with Glossy Accents. The FEEL is like the tin originally felt, too!

I added some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape along the side to hide the name 
(I dabbed a bit of Antique Linen Distress Paint onto the name first).
The coloring matched up SO PERFECTLY- *squeal!*
Another cut from a Coordinations  and sticker sentiment from my stash of stickers
completed the tin.

And the Mini Book- burnished all sides after using Glossy Accents to stick 
the parts together. The 2 signatures of paper stacks were tied in with hemp string.
I had a heart bracelet charm left over from a stash of things given to me by
a Bestie, so very loong ago. It matched in with a TH IdeaOlogy Arrow and 
another Freebie TH die cut heart- which I chose to leave plain white.

Backside of LAS Mini Book...

And since I just got the Tim Holtz 3D Scallop Impreslit Folder/Cutter,
I decided to give the book's binding a bit of extra hold with a scallop- both inside front and back.

That little charm adds charm.


And here's the least, and last...

One man's trash became a secret little treasure inside this tin.

It was almost too sweet how this trash gave up a white inside the outer coating!
I simply cut around the Mat Board pieces (cut from the Sizzix Tags 2 Die and
then recut with the guillotine into 2 halves). 


Looks funny, but this was the only way I could figure out HOW
to make my surprise cut.



Yeah...blame it on The Man; he spilled something inside it on one of his trips. *giggle*
Actually, I cut off a bit of the bottom after fitting it and then dropped some TH Alcohol Ink
in Ginger to make it look a bit battered on the inside.
I squished that book in the palm of my hand to rough it up a bit (on the outside) as well.

This is called "The Secret of Man"
for all those notes the ChiefHubby makes himself, and then I find them all over the place!
The worst place to find one: in a zillion pieces in the washer...AND the dryer!
Valentines Day is no secret when you find the receipts yourself! lol!
But that's not all...


The Surprise is...

MORE notes inside the notes!
This little book was one of those Hobby Lobby finds- the kind you
gush over how cute it is and then buy a package without knowing what the heck
you bought it for, and then you find it a few years later and go "Oh!"
and think of something for it.

But...it IS just way too cute!

And so; that's all she wrote for this 

May you find yourself smiling, and perhaps taking some inspiration from my project
to join in on the fun at MAM!
You have until the end of the month,
and there's actually an extra day in this year's February, too!
Meanwhile...

Be Safe,
and
HAPPY BLOGGING!




  








     

No comments: