Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Funkie junkie Boutique Challenge #7 April Showers Bring May Flowers...Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

   The Easter Bunnies really had this girl hopping last week. So I'll be adding the "How-To" pics as I can find them and upload them. Right now...let's get the finished products up for viewing! I'm THAT late!! Yikes!
   This one's all about Showers and Flowers- you can see more of all the great entry projects on The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog -April Showers Bring May Flowers , and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter and follow, so you can find out who won the random $25 GC from TFJB Challenge Blog Sponsor;
The Funkie Junkie Boutique !

    I had several of my Besties going through some rough family times; loss in their family, illnesses, and just more hardship from these crazy "Stay Home" times. I also have my own older Sister in the hospital 2 hours from here (Indy) since before all this happened. Some of my own family had the idea of sending her cards to help cheer her up, so I had the idea of making several tags that would go out to all these people. We're going backwards- showing how it's done after the finished projects....Here's what I came up with. 


My own to start with- but it was done LAST.
My inspiration for all of these (aside from the love I send along with the Tags)
is from way back when; thoughts of my oldest sister when she was first married, 
and I lived as the youngest of 10 kids. 7 of us still lived at home, with an 8th coming
to visit on weekends (we were all Step & Half Siblings).
The song "Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes" was popular then,
and it popped up in my head sometime in March.
So here is little Lyla (my Parents called me Little Lulu); growing some LOVE
and sending it on to all those who are in need of some.





Let's let that post up, and see if I can find all the pics I KNOW I took! Lol!!


I actually did start with this- personalizing people for the Tags.

And these also, are personalized for each.


Distress Inks and Ink Blender Tools...OCD much? LOL!

The color looks a bit darker than it actually is, but I began with inking each Tag
the same way- going heavy on the ink.

Here, each Tag is fully inked and dried with a heat tool...

… spritz with water liberally, heat dry;
repeat once more.

Some TH Texture Paste fun and add some embossing powder in bright yellow.
I don't have any of the TH Embossing Glaze...YET.
The TH Distress Emboss was not really the look I wanted for these. 

That TH Stencil really gives a burst of SUNSHINE!

Giving the flowers (four sets) a bit of depth with different TH Distress Inks and Oxides.

Some background paper (I doubled it up so the backsides are all tidy and finished)...
and ribbon to match. Both from my stash of leftovers.

Instead of cutting more of the same TH Flower Stems, 
I chose to use this die- because the subject came up on Facebook 
after I posted a beautiful bloom in my front yard, 
and a full bush of them at the older set of kids' house.
This flower is "mine" as chosen for me by my Maternal Grandpa Raymer.
Each of us has our own, and he made stain glass circles -that also
have the letter of our last names- to hang inside a window.
Ours is always in the front window- for 32 years now.


That's all for now, but be sure to check back in tomorrow,
when I hope to have the April Mini Album Makers project posted.
I really hoped to have it also into TFJB Challenge, but was late getting done.
Story of my LIFE.  *sigh*

Till next time...

Stay Safe, Stay HOME, Stay Connected, &
HAPPY BLOGGING!

3 comments:

Suzanne C said...

The tags are perfect spring tags with the burst of color and the spring flowers and the fun images! Lovely tags! Thanks for sharing with us in our April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog!

sarascloset said...

My goodness, Lyla (I mean, Little Lulu) these tags are so beautiful! Your splashed brilliant backgrounds are made even more stunning with the stencil work and the collaged elements. You are going to be dangerous when you get your hands on the glazes! Thank you for playing along with us again at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! Sending caring hugs!

Cec said...

What a lovely set of tags. The water splatters on your inky backgrounds is a perfect depiction of rain and your die cut and shaped flowers are so cheerful with your sweet angels. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec