Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Halloween IdeaOlogy Bonus Make: The Apothecary


    Halloween has come and gone but bring on the Halloween CLEARANCE! I'm always on the lookout for Tim Holtz items throughout the year. Seasonal items can be used for just about anything, not just the particular season it came out in. And like Halloween candy after the holiday is over: who cares if it's got pumpkins on it when we still love pumpkins in November! I'm not really a "Halloweeny fan" but I do like the fall colors, even though I'd rather it was getting warmer outside than colder. And like everything else in my life; I'm late posting one of my makes in time for the Holiday. It's an easy fix... simply make it about getting some great prices after the fact! And I'll be on the lookout for deals, just like all Tim Holtz Addicts the world over. In the meantime, here's what happened...

I already had a few of last year's TH Halloween releases which came back this year,
but I'm always up for more of the tiny, adorable IdeaOlogy!

The TH IdeaOlogy Candy Corn is so stinkin' realistically CUTE!

I decided to use a TH Shrine Structure and Worn Wallpaper (both 2021 and 2022)
and see what all I could fit into it.

Papering the Shrine is easy if you simply adhere with a good glue
(Glossy Accents is my choice, but "You do YOU" as Tim always says),
and burnish each piece all around the edges. 
Then ink up the pieces to give them a worn, aged look with some Ground Espresso Oxide.

On the wood edging, I like to use my Vintage Photo Distress Crayon.

You can see the left wood edge is still bright looking, while the right piece is darker
and more uniform looking after using the Distress Crayon.
Heat set it and it's good to go.


That TH Worn Wallpaper is just amazingly realistic and the texture is spot on!

Now it was time to have some fun!
I even got out some Emerald Coast sand from the Florida beaches to color.
Aging the pieces using Distress products...

...making new IdeaOlogy Baubles into apples using Alcohol Ink (Watermelon)...

...and Ranger Grit Paste and Distress Paints to make a gravestone as 
gritty, old, and unreadable as they look in the cemetery.


And this is what it came to be:

Full Front

Top Shelf

Middle Shelf- books that come off and do open up!


Bottom Shelf

Surprise TH die cut from  on BACK SIDE

Left Side Perspective

Right Side Perspective

Here's a list of links to help you grab some Halloween items before they're gone!

Posting after Halloween ends up being pretty timely afterall; I get to share pics of the 
Grandbabies! I took Jamie to pick out Pumpkins when I was with him in Upstate New York. When I got back to Indiana, we took Peanut and Princess Pistachio to get pumpkins also. I helped them use the Cricut machine to make vinyl names and stickers for the pumpkins. Then on Halloween Eve, we all ended up cutting pumpkins and their Parents took them all Trick or Treating the night of Halloween. Kids are always happy to dress up and play pretend; Pecan and Princess Pistachio adore dressing up! Princess Rose was the Bystander Baby this year, being too young yet to enjoy it all. But seeing our Grandbabies be able to go out and about -after all the rules of Covid- is such a sweet thing to see! 













Thanks for stopping by once again!

Until next time...

Stay Safe & 
HAPPY BLOGGING!!








No comments: