Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Funkie Junkie Boutique's Inspiration Ave; #7 "Let's Be Neutral"... Family Frame 2023


   T
he end of March is here and by next week, we'll be taking off once again for our Indiana home. Seems like four months can slip past faster than a tidal wave. It's going to be super hard to leave my Happy Place, but we're both excited to see all the Grandbabies once again and fill our arms with little hugs and feel the wet kisses    planted on our cheeks. The older set of kids have had their hands full since older Daughter is still healing from her neck surgery, and now both Peanut and Princess Pistachio have been sick. Indiana is still dealing with cold and snow, so that doesn't help out. And then we'll head up further north to New York again to see Pecan and (by then) 8-month-old Princess Rose, who now has SIX TEETH as a 7-month-old?!? She's talking up a storm (gets that from her Memaw, for sure) and is off the charts with how tall she is already! I'll be greeted by a full little person by the time I get up there, lol. She's certainly gotten a photogenic attitude- looking cute for the camera now!

   Seems like every photo, video, or Facetime call we make with the Grandbabies, they grow and change more. Those are the changes that are good. But I've been facing the fact that once we get back to Indiana, I will be making a choice I'd rather not have to make. It seemed like I cried for a week, praying that Grandpuppy Penny would live and be ok. She's made a truly miraculous recovery although she does have Addison's Disease and will need to take daily pills for the rest of her doggy life. Now, just a couple of weeks later, I am crying and praying that I'll be making the right decision for my own pup, Hunni Pi. She'll be 14 years old on April 29th, but it doesn't look like she'll make it to that. She's having a very rough time of it these past few weeks and has been on pain killers since before we left Indiana at the first of last December. It's hard because she only feels comforted when she's in my lap, and she has a rough time getting up and laying back down again. I'm torn to bits because she's been -literally- my ears for me. I simply cannot imagine my life without her, and I know The LORD understands that.







   The theme chosen for this next two weeks over at Inspiration Ave is "Let's Be Neutral!" and while it's a very good play on words that we could all adopt for a bit of peace for everyone, but the real idea is all about the latest Tim Holtz Distress color: Lost Shadow! Tim promised awhile back that the last 4 Distress colors he released would all be neutrals. I'm all in since my usual fave way to do colors is going with neutrals! Lost Shadow does not fail in any way to awe me with its subtle shading and I am sure this is one Distress Ink that I'm going to get a lot of use from. Be sure to check out the links of products near the middle of this post, so you can get this latest Distress Oxide from The Funkie Junkie Boutique! Scroll along with me and I'll show you what I did with this beautiful greyish shade!


I set out some materials and tools I knew I wanted to use.
For this project, I'm using a couple of not-so-old Tim Holtz Dies;
Gearhead Thinlits Set and Mechanical Bigz XL.

I decided to use up some leftover stash cardstock of 2 shades of grey that
closely matched the new Lost Shadow.

This new neutral shade was just the right subtle pop these edges needed!

For those who may be newer to TFJB & Inspiration Ave blog,
I do like to make out a plan by placing my items together and taking a photo.
If I get stumped on how I wanted it, I just refer to my pics.

I had some extra room on the backside, so I dug out my
TH Voltage Bigz Die to add another element there.

From the TH Mechanical Bigz Die; putting together the smaller "bolt head" pieces.

And giving everything a couple coats of TH Distress Picket Fence Paint.
 Although the matboard I used had a white inside and backing,
giving both sides those 2 coats not only sealed up the matboard,
but also allowed me to have both sides of my Tag used.

This chipboard L has been in my stash for.... years and years!
I picked it up to use it for some project back when and just never did.
It's been on my mind to use it and it fit this project perfectly for me: L for Larimore!

I coated all the IdeaOlogy items and let them sit to dry fully...

...so I could scrape and scratch at them like the paint was actually peeling from use.

These papers are from Tim Holtz Backdrops Volume 1.

I used Glossy Accents to adhere the papers (one to each side)
and after fully drying, sanded all the edges down. I also sanded more randomly around.

I layered the Gearhead die cuts with the lighter shade under the darker-
so the later top layers of white would pop from the darker underneath.
I randomly tore the lighter around the edges of each piece, and then tore the top
darker piece just slightly smaller. This makes it look like it's "shadowed". ;)
Then I did the same onto the backside of the Tag as well.

More IdeaOlogy: got out those TH Dials to add into my Voltage die cut faux gauge,
and added some Hardware Heads to the Factory Tags piece.

I used an older TH Baseboard Lace Frame and edged it with 
Hickory Smoke Distress Crayon- a nice complementing shade to the Lost Shadow.
Using some of the leftover Backdrops sheet, I made a photo holder slot on the back.

I couldn't resist a pic of how it looked without the L on top- I just LOVE Tim Holtz gears!!

Here's a helpful list of links for products I used:




Let's see the results of both sides!

FRONT and a few closeups following...




Now, the BACK and a couple more closeup photos...






Thanks so much for joining me for this project tutorial!
Be sure to pop into the Inspiration Ave blog, to see all the great things coming up from
The Funkie Junkie Boutique and TFJB Design Team:
new projects as well as new products!

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments: