Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The Funkie Junkie Boutique's Inspiration Ave #24; Snowy Day... Snovember Sing!

 


   November's cold actually blew in on the afternoon of Halloween on October 31st. We got a very early snow that could be measured (1/4 inch) which most TrickOrTreaters didn't venture out in. It's been freezing at night ever since. I'm ready to fly SOUTH now, where the sandy beaches are still warm and waiting for me! I was getting a bit stressed trying to finish up the work for closing up the Indiana house, yet, we made good progress the first week of the month. We've still got a few things left to do, but for now, we are currently further north- Upstate New York- to celebrate younger Grandson Pecan's (Jamie) 4th Birthday! It's the last birthday of the year in our family and while he had his party with friends over on Sunday, the actual day is Tuesday; November 14th (as it just turned while I type this late after midnight). This little boy is defintely gifted and blows through the tech toys, catching on quickly. He's talented on an iPhone camera and uses filters and effects like nobody's business! He's actually taught ME a thing or two on there! So his 'Rents got him a more age-appropriate type of camera. He's got it mastered in one day and has taken over 1,000 photos; reworking his faves into real art .He's also enjoying his first real bicycle and practiced nearly 4 entire hours on Saturday- to show off his new skill during his party. I am very much enjoying the time with both the younger Grandbabies- with Princess Rose welcoming me with open arms and remembering us for the first time! She usually has had to have a chance to warm up to us that first day we're here. She's such a beautiful child and my heart bursts to see her smile and laugh! On our way up here, we got some pics from the older Daughter- she was trying to take some fall photos of the older Grandbabies for us, and Princess Chloe never fails to be positively sweet! She's got a thing for stuffed animals and especially kitties right now. Right after those pics came in, we got another msg that Peanut (OIder Grandson) was chosen out of all his school to be "Cougar of the Day"! Actually, it's not a huge surprise; he's a VERY good student and is always helpful when he's at Memaw& Papaw's house! He's a great example to his little Sissy and she's copying him in the classroom- always getting compliments at Church, too. My heart gushes over these four WONDERFUL GIFTS!!!!











Over at Inspiration Ave, we've got another fun 2 weeks of makes to share with you:
we're excited for the new theme suggestion "Snowy Day" from Linda Coughlin- owner of
 The Funkie Junkie Boutique! Lyla here, to start out once again: I'm taking you caroling!
I've also tossed in a couple other snow-related activities in my most recent make, so bundle up
and let's head out the door into the "SNOWY DAY"!

Happy Mail from The Funkie Junkie Boutique gives you a peek at more makes to come!


First up; that handy List of Links for things I've used here:

Antique Silver Christmas Snowflake Charms - Set of 6

I printed out a few favorite Christmas Music Sheets after sizing them on my computer
to fit on a TH Mini Etcetera Tag. You can also just use a copy machine, but this way saves it as made.

I also wanted my sheets double-sided.
So I did some cloning to make the same coloring to the backside.
I'm using regular white cardstock to print onto.

Here, you see the finished backsides, slighly wider than the front-sided music.

After printing the cardstocks, I also sized and printed a couple more Christmas song sheets.
These were printed on regular cream-colored paper.
I used my TH Rotary Trimmer to cut each the same size.

I adhered the cardstocks to each side of the Etcetera Tags, 
and made a song book of the paper prints by doubling them up so each page had a song.
The top sheet of each side was going to be a clone of the cardstock- 
to look like a 'stack' of music sheets.

I sprayed some of the new TH Mica Spray and then dragged the Etcetera Tag through it on all the edges only... Juniper Berry on the BACK and Fresh Balsam on the FRONT.

I crinkled both top sheets and gave them a Distress Ink job, to age them.
This is FRONT... 

... and this is BACK.

Lastly, for the backgrounds of the Tags, I dry-brushed Picket Fence Distress Paint lightly
onto all of the music sheets just in the center bottoms.

I looked up Tim's helpful video as a guide to the Trim A Tree Thinlits Die Set
I take screen shots of the main ideas to help me later on remember how to assemble it again.


I made two different trees- in slightly different shades of green.

I did use the same Pine Needles Distress Oxide on both trees, 
and also some Vintage Photo Oxide.

This die set is "Da BOMB"!!
It's so FUN to make and the dies are so EASY on the fingers!
Heat-drying is the most fun of all- the tree just spreads out all by itself!

Instead of the pot set that comes with the Trim A Tree Dies, I chose to make the trunk
and had a few ready-made 'planks'.

To rust these new TH Bells (the 2023 sets have new cute "sleigh bells" in the sets!):
1) Use Alcohol Ink in Ginger- all over bells.
2) Dab Distress Paint in Walnut Stain (or darker) and then
3) Dip into Distress Embossing Powder and Heat Dry,
4) Repeat process until happy dancing happens.

I decided to use the TH Candleshop Thinlits Die Set once again,
It was the perfect look for "Silent Night" on the BACK.
(CLICK HERE for the tutorial on making the Candleshop candle on my last project.)

The Christmas Tree on the FRONT needed a couple of TH Victorian Carolers (retired)
cut from TH Blackout.

Some added IdeaOlogy and TFJB charms with TH Paper Dolls
and an old, rusted star from stash... the finishing touches!


And here's what I finished with...



Fun in the snow for the whole family!

After caroling, this family goes out to choose the perfect tree for their home.

BACK of Tag

The best song is sung last- for The CHRIST Child- the Reason for the Season!


Peace... one day, it will come.


The next two weeks will feature more makes from the rest of the Design Team-
so be sure not to miss any of it at Inspiration Ave!
And, remember to check in at the supplies in stock at The Funkie Junkie Boutique;
your place for Christmas goodies!
Be sure to check out all the latest Tim Holtz Mica Sprays to add shimmer to your own
"Snowy Day" make... while they last!

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments: