Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Funkie Junkie Boutique's Inspiration Ave #26, Holiday Homecoming... The Christmas Tree Hunt!

 
   D
ecember in Florida passes by just as quickly as it does back in Indiana- for different reasons, of course. I keep more than plenty busy and the days often pass by before I realize my Grandbabies are already in bed and getting ready for the next day. By the time I finally got around to Dr-advised walking again or having a chance to shop any, the lights were already all up around Lake DeFuniak and the "Circle of Lights" was going strong. So much for having more time to get ready for the season by leaving Indiana right after Thanksgiving. *sigh* Things happen and life tosses surprises here and there between all the "hurry up and go, go, go". Even beach time has suffered only a couple hours in one walk. We are enjoying not just our Family who live here in Florida, but some who have come down from Indiana to also serve The LORD here! It's kept all the work fun, and the Worship time has been "like old times" in a way. I'm hoofing it to keep up with everyone else... just like old times, lol! I give a big KUDOS! to my 4 kids for keeping us up to date on the Grandbabies through pics and Facetime calls. The older set of Kids (Brian & Ashley) are keeping up with each child in a different school (both K and PreK), which has to be a feat these days! They sent us notice that Peanut- having been "Cougar of the Day" a few weeks ago- was invited to ride the School Bus, representing his school (from Kindergarten Class), in their town's Christmas Parade. Princess Chloe was excited to get to join him- and no doubt; wear her latest fashion! I chuckled at Mommy's description of "Chloe and the other kids jumping up and down on the bus, with Cole sitting in his seat and looking at them all with his 'Bus Rules are to SIT DOWN!' looks". Peanut is a stickler for the rules, just like his Memaw, as much as Chloe's excitedness is like me, also! Younger set of Kids (Brett and Holli) - both Purdue grads- are lucky; living near Toronto, Canada, where the Boilermaker Men's Basketball just happened to be in a tourney. After scoring some 2nd row tix (and her Sis and BroInLaw as babysitters for Pecan and Princess Rose) they had a nice, nail-biting time at the televised game. #4 Purdue did win the game. We watched from here and I was able to pick them out at one point but missed taking a photo of them on the screen. Aunt Krista took lots of pictures of the fun Pecan and Princess had while staying with their Cousins. When I look at Princess Rose, I feel like I am staring into a mirror of myself at her age! She looks the most of them all like me and it feels sweetly uncanny! When they returned home, Jamie, who just turned 4, showed off his marker skills that he's been practicing on- wrote his own name on the calendar while his Parents were updating it! 

   We're so very PROUD of each of these Grandbabies and we are SO BLESSED that they not only enjoy learning and reading, but they're ready to use it to help others in their examples doing these things!! We miss them all quite a lot but we love to step back and watch them all grow together, because we know we are SO BLESSED to be down here and serve The LORD!














It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, indeed! Especially over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where the Tim Holtz Christmas products are on SALE! Once again, I'm introducing the latest theme going on for the next two weeks where the Design Team will be sharing makes on "Holiday Homecoming" featuring Tim Holtz's newest stamp sets by Stampers Anonymous... get 'em while they last, folks! I was so taken by one set, that I went back in and ordered another- at a 
HUGE BARGAIN during TFJB's awesome deals going on, and it's like getting total freebies! 
I have so many ideas for these sets!

Come with! Grab a snack and scroll on...

The Happy Mail from my second order for another set of Tim stamps!
Linda's gone bananas with these deals- in a GOOD way, lol!!



Here's a list of LINKS- but don't forget to come back after you shop, hehe!!


I began with using the Etcetera Mini Tag and Bracket Trims, again this time.
I can't get enough of these!
I did my fave thing: adhering and sanding all the edges.

Then I edged the Etc Mini Tag and Brackets with the latest 
Tim Distress Crayons from the Pearlescent Set #3.
I got out my new package of TH Baseboards and Transparentcies for a window to use...

...to make sure the window would fit the Mini Tag with room to spare for the Trims.

Then I started getting out some IdeaOlogy- some from 2021. 2022 and 2023- for good measure.

Here come the TH Stamp Sets and the detailing is just sooo cool!!
But I had a problem... as I do quite a few days this year, *sigh*...
I had forgotten to pack any of my stamp blocks!
After an hour of looking around for something, I spotted my TH 3D Folders
(which I forgot to bring LAST year) and wondered if one would work as a "block"
in a pinch?? YES; it did!! (Who knew?!)

Again; the detail of the pine cones and wording is just so exquisite!

And this Santa was so sweet in that he's able to be colored in!

So, I used my Pearlescent Set again.

And now I am glad I tossed a bunch of things from stash into my bags...
these leftover little beads were just the things I needed to add to my TH Pinecone Adornments
from several years ago. I wasn't able to get the newest set, but these still matched nicely!

After successful stamping, I decided "why not?"
and made use of the Cracked 3D Embossing Folder which I happened to grab,
and put some scrap Vol. 4 paper to use!

I added some DO Squeezed Lemonade to make it more Pine-shaded wood.

The Baseboards and Transparencies are better than ever: I love the way Tim's
adding more larger windows and doors- the printed plastics are bonus!
I decided Santa was going to be seen inside the window,
so I needed to use my Dura-Lar (a must-have item, I think). 

I used my Picket Fence Distress Crayon to color over the same areas as the
frame lines of the window. I placed the tissue (from the pack of Dura-Lar) underneath
the window frame, the topped the window frame with the Dura-Lar.
I used my finger to swipe and run at the Crayon and repeated until I had a good set of lines.

This shows you how smudged the lines looked. Any bits of the Crayon got left also.
Then I heat dried each time to see the total effect between repeats till I was happy.
I did add another sheet of Dura-Lar so the Crayon was in the middle of the 2 sheets.
I adhered both together by using Glossy Accents all around only the edges of 
the plastics after it was cut to the window's size.
Then I adhered it with the GA to the window frame.
The result is really COOL- a store front window during a cold & snowy day!

An older TH Thinlits Die (Christmastime) was used to make the light pole,
with a few green plastic mistletoe beads taken from the table setting of our
Church Ladies' Christmas Party last weekend.
I used a bit of leftover tissue paper and DO Squeezed Lemonade for the lantern of the light pole.
After heat-drying it the pole, I used the GA onto the top of the tissue- the result is a "glass" lamp.
 Miniature Christmas trim edges the window.

Just look at how snowy and icy that Tim Holtz Distress Snowfall Grit Paste is!!

And here's what I ended up with...

FRONT of Tag
The brightly decorated storefronts of our Home Away From Home 
(DeFuniak Springs, Florida)
is shown in the background. 
Closeups following,,,






Here's the BACK of the Tag...

Chipley Park surrounds the only naturally perfectly round lake in the USA;
Lake DeFuniak is totally lit up with lights on nearly every Pine, Palm,
and Magnolia tree in the entire park.
I walk this 1 mile around as many days a week as possible
while here for the winter months.
The TH Winter Woodlands Stamp Set was perfect for showing off the Pines here!


The Stamps can be used on your other IdeaOlogy items as well!



That's it from for now, but keep your browser open to 
so you can come back in every couple of days to see what the rest of our talented
Design Team
has created for your Christmas crafting inspiration!

We've got 2 more weeks beyond this theme, as well, so that means
there's yet another theme to come before Christmas!!
That'll give you more reasons to shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

Till next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments: