Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

The Funkie Junkie Boutique’s Inspiration Ave #3; Hearts & Flowers... Happy Valentine’s Day!


    February rolled in- and just in time. I was about ready to go nuts... slightly more than I already am, that is! We finally found the electrical problem here... only $1,000 later. Seems we were having an extra load of positive coming in and we're actually very lucky a fire didn't start. We have a nice setup, that only took 3 years to finish; from internet/TV/computers we use, to the extra heat we've put in and spare bathroom/laundry. All that work and added setups of same all around us, has kept us on our toes and we've finally gotten it all straightened out. It kind of blew up on us, though- mostly the living room TV and the main heater. Oops. It was well worth the $600 for the Electrician (our 'usual' electrician happens to be a Bestie, but it happened while they were away in Italy). Just as we got it all stablized, I went out to take a shower after a good loooong walk on the beach to regroup.... and found myself just one foot away from a nice SNAKE. In. The. Bathroom. The photo, below, was taken from some distance away. We later found out that he's actually a "nice" snake, and they can live up in our trees. "Nice" is fine... but one must draw the line when it can drop from a tree or go into my BATHROOM. The next afternoon found us both clearing out everything from under the decks, burning it all from every inch of our area, and laying out packets of moth balls in and out. I need another calming walk on my beach.


 The Grandbabies are keeping up with us via Facetime, but we've all been busy- they love being at their respective Libraries during this time of year when it's too cold to stay outside for long. We've always done our share of reading, and our Kids are all the same way, and that love has passed on to the Grands. It's all a matter of finding out what they like to read about. We're very blessed that we have that to share & I try to make time to read to each one of them- and all of them together whenever possible. Jamie is teaching the last one (Princess Rose) to read by reading to her himself! Cole and Chloe always seem to have a sibling competition and reading/phonics is no different; anything Peanut can do, Princess Chloe insists she can do better. (I wonder where she gets that...lol!)








     Valentine's Day is coming right up, and there's plenty of Inspiration Ave makes coming your way for these next two weeks! I’m here with the first make based on the perfect Valentine's theme Linda Coughlin, Owner of The Funkie Junkie Boutique, has suggested: "Hearts and Flowers"!
Of course, you can guess who my Valentines will go to! This is a shorter, simpler one than I usually do, but the simplicity is balanced out by the number I ended up making. Sit for a bit and scroll down to see how I put these together.... and then go try making one yourself. 
(You WILL, ya know... they were addictive once I made the first one!)

I won't be using the newest Distress color (Scorched Timber) just yet, but I sure am excited to get mine!

Here's a list of LINKS to help you find the things I used:



The first thing I did was go back to the video tutorial on folding cardstock/paper.
For this, you'll need to follow the instructions on Elena Consonni's Facebook tutorial:
It begins with a cut of 27 cm length by 18 cm height,
with folds on the 9cm (x3).
I also used my Rotary Trimmer to cut some belly bands (for little hands to easily open)
and some simple cuts of the same cardstocks, folded in half for the inside cards.
This cardstock is from Tim Holtz's retired stack; Correspondence.

I chose some obvious Tim Holtz Distress Oxides for all the edges.

The TH Collector Die Set is one of those really good ones!
Not only does it save me weight and room in my travel craft bags, but it's clean, precise cut!
Now I don't have to carry the TH BigzL Movers&Shapers Die with me!

I wanted to make some "blanks" for the kids since they like copying what I make.
So I used this die set's envelope and card cuts to make some blank sets of cards.

I also used some of the elements, like the ribbon set, to add a little pizazz to their Valentine.
I do love the little closure cuts (in the lower area of the pic)!

Since the newer Vault die set is on back order, I got out the original TH Thinlits
Set; Faceted Heart- from which the Vault die comes.
I used a couple sheets of reddish and pinkish from the Vol 5 Backdrops
to cut some hearts for my cards and for the blank sets.

By just using the fronts and trimming the off the edges that would normally fold,
I ended up with "Minecraft" hearts- perfect for the kiddos!

All I needed was FLOWERS- to add with the HEARTS.
All but one likes flowers, and we all like growing them.

I did make an extra- for the ChiefHubby.
I used some of the TH Seasonal Kraft Core- retired cardstock- and sanded it down.


These are the resulting Valentine Cards/Envelope Sets...


FRONTS






BACKS




Thanks so much for joining me once again!
I hope you'll be encouraged to try out this folding idea for yourself.
I'd like to try adding different
elements such as little notes into all the many available tuck-spots, 
or perhaps fitting bits of candy inside.

Don't forget: the "Hearts & Flowers" theme runs for this next 2 weeks,
so be sure to pop back in to Inspiration Ave often, so you don't miss a thing!

Remember also: The Funkie Junkie Boutique has everything you need
to keep you stocked up so you can join in on the fun with us!

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments: