Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tags of Another Kind- The Giving Kind!


       
             These tags are something I've been making for the past three years. Two from previous years are shown in upper right corner of the photo. I simply start with a good, stiff cardstock ;double-sided not only works well, stands up to time better, and is easier to work with, but it also gives you a writing side of the tag with no extra work on your part. I like to do a lot of tearing of papers- usually in my fave Americana Primitive colors -and do some gluing, and then roll over them with a fave stamp-roller. But you can cut shapes to glue (such as the star on the ragged colored, stamped with BIBLE verse "As for me and my house; we will serve The LORD.")  In this year's tag, I'm continuing from last year and using my fave Stampin'Up Jumbo Roller with "Red, White, & Blue" Jumbo Stamp (which I don't think is available any longer, sorry). Finally, either run them through my Big Shot with a tag die, or use a hand-punch for the desired shaped tag. Bits of ribbon, torn cloth, jute rope, binder twine, etc for the ends, and hemp string or other thinner string for tying to packages or gift.  I usually write the person's name onto the back so they can hang the tag for keeping. I can make up 80 to 100 of these in one afternoon, and they last me quite some time into the new year. 
              Making my own tags is a way to stay "Green" as well! Using up those papers you don't really like the design of, but the paper itself still has a good use left for it. And don't forget your scrapbin too!

No comments: