The Ides of March have roared in like a lion for sure. This past week's weather really challenged the RA and brought on a couple of flareups that left me flat on my back 3 days- 2 of which were during an 8 inches/24 hr blizzard. Yesterday's rain/sleet mix was another not-so-fun day. But, whenever I am bugged by how many pills or shots I have to do (or the $10,000 per 12 shots price tag that heads that list)... those days remind me how BLESSED I am to be able to have those meds available! So when I post anything I've done or created, I feel a special kind of accomplishment and send up prayers of thanks. I honestly think The LORD puts those days in my way just to keep me close to Him. :)
& CREATE at that time I felt it calling me. That alone is an accomplishment for ME!
So saying, the following pics will give you an idea of some new things I've tried, and I'll update every now & then as I go through more of my creative spurts. Here's what it all looks like, including the first three "setpages"...
|I started small, and didn't ruch. You see it was started before Valentine's Day according to the tix up in the right corner. My idea was "From February To Flag Day" when the sun gets warmer and higher in the sky as the Spring comes... FINALLY!!|
|As I got further along later that week, I decided to add the tix to the pages permanently- just more ways to shape my doodles. I chose to leave the inside of the window blank- as if letting in the sunshine.|
|The finished doodles.|
|My fave part of SetPage2- The Festive Gent parading Old Glory! My fave part of summer is between June and July,|
|The pocketwatch is from Spellbinders- another old one. and the lettering was in my stash.|
|Some cuts of foam painted in Distress Black Soot Paint and given a second share of the total wax coating made the pages shiney. I forgot to say I began with a coat of Gesso over the pages before layering the die cuts and stamps.|
|More Gesso piled on after letting air dry, then finish drying with heat to make sure it was all dry before I started adding another DEEP layer...|
|A paper toweling underneath each set of pages between my work keeps those from getting anything onto them. I want space pages in between to be able to keep any momentos..... or as you will see: anything that comes along with my idea.|
|I added an actual "refrracion" bar by using the gold from Foil Sheets with some runner tape- worked like magic! So EASY!|
|After the window was put together, it was completed by adding a bit of Ivy vines into the window's planter box. Then Distress Inks in coordination colors, darkened the right side giving it some depth.|
|The envelope and flap were cut apart and adhered at the needed spots to hold the card just right.|
|The finished SetPage 3 in all its color!|
|The butterflies flutterby... with only one (see window in the full layout above) who comes back to see who is looking out the window wishing for SPRING!|
And THANKS to those who left nice comments on my sm sites about my projects!! You ALL are too kind ! And I am still humbled to be a part of so many TALENTED, SWEET folks !
BE SAFE & HAPPY BLOGGING!!