Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog (Formerly Frilly &Funkie) Challenge #14; Home Sweet Home.... Getting Ready For GrandBaby #3!

     July is already here and I had to miss 2 of the Challenges from The Funkie Junkie Challenge Blog (formerly The Frilly & Funkie Challenge Blog) ; during which time, they changed quite a bit of things on the site!! I am excited to be able to finally catch up and take a peek to see what is new- esp Tim Holtz's new 2019 Chapter 3!!
    Meanwhile... I've been just crazy busy and we've already made several travels from which I have had to catch up things at home upon returning. Gone is the rain and chill and the heat wave is finally ON!! So while that cuts down on the grass upkeep, it gets the pool used more by this Mermaid.
    The theme for the Challenge (Home Sweet Home) couldn't get any better for this time of our family's life: another Grandbaby is on the way! There's nothing that can make a house into a HOME more than the people in it: the FAMILY.  And ours seems to be growing now by leaps and bounds! This new addition is yet another "first" because this one will be the first child of the younger Red Wing couple set of kids!! I am overjoyed because this has taken quite a lot out of them- both in finances and especially in patience. Three years of fertility treatments and Baby Larimore is finally well on the way as a Pecan toasting comfortably in Younger Daughter's oven.
     While it's unlikely that I will make it into this Challenge, I wanted to go ahead with posting this. Especially with the changes of the site. I fully intend to keep up as much as possible, but as I said in an earlier posting; I may end up missing some of the Challenges during the summer months.
So here  is what I had going on that actually had to get mailed out by this posting! It's seriously been 
"RUN, FOREST, RUUUUN!!" around here.

                       I used quite a bit of photos for this entire process- pretty self explanatory…
                      If you have any Qs about it; post 'em at the bottom, and I'll get back to you!    



Program used is PrintMaster Version 18.1- Amazon has it pretty cheap.







The photos are laminated and can be kept as keepsakes.



30 Invitations go out with 4 specially mixed colors for the Mommy each of 3 Hostesses
as Baby/GrandBaby Book keepsakes. 




I like making backside tags!


Yep; this Memaw did the photo shoot.

Labels to match. (Sorry for the greenouts.)

The Younger Nuclear Engineer Son... shopping for baby items to put on Registry.
Yes...ALL of our family can be this FUN!!
That's why I chose nut varieties to call the Grands: Peanut, Princess Pistachio,
and this one is PECAN!!!


And THIS JUST HAPPENED TONIGHT!!!!
IT"S A BOY!!!!!!!
This is one EXCITED MEMAW & PAPAW!!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
The next Challenge will be up in just a while, and I HOPE to be in on it!!
Meanwhile...

BE SAFE,
and
HAPPY BLOGGING!







1 comment:

sarascloset said...

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to the happy couple and to you and your entire family for the Pecan roasting in the oven! Ha! Ha! That's the funniest way of putting it I've ever heard! You have been very busy with those invitations, but they are so special and will be remembered by everyone. I'm sorry you missed the deadline and the last couple challenges. I do appreciate the comment for my challenge at the newly branded Funkie Junkie Boutique blog. (That's a very recent change, by the way--I think just yesterday). We have a new challenge today, and I hope you can play along! Happy 4th of July! Hugs! Sara Emily