Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Friday, May 31, 2019

Tim Holtz Addicts (THA on Facebook)...#THA_May : Remnant Rub Resist... All I Can See is MUSHROOMS!

 May; the name of this month is synonymous with the word "RAIN"- at least for year 2019.  And while my #THA_May Tag was begun on the first days of the month, it was put off by three things: aggravation, inclination, and the usual procrastination. The teaser photo on the left shows basically what my aggravation was from (rain, rain, and more rain), while the right side photo shows where I was inclined to spend more time. I took the first photo of ALL our Grandbabies...the youngest-Baby Pecan-still in utero...together! (Mommy of Peanut and Pistachio, Older Daughter Ashley, was at home catching up on things while Chloe went with Daddy to our campsite to pick up Big Bro, Cole, who spent two days there with us.) We will be together for Mackinac Island,
Michigan, vacation coming up, so I will have opportunity for all of us in one photo! And with trying to fit in all the get-ready-for-summer things to do; the rain just didn't want to time itself to MY schedule. Grrrr! Not to mention having to mow muddy grass where there is actually more MUD than grass. Pro: the pool got filled up quickly. Con: the weather held us back from opening on our usual May 1st all the way to nearly JUNE 1st. Pool Momma not too happy about that. On the other hand....all that rain brought us the very inspiration for this month's THA Tag!



                           


 The chosen THA Tim Technique challenged...


Tim's Original May 2013 Tag with the Remnant Rub Resist...

...and my own take on May 2013 Tag- one for myself and one for a Bestie.


And where I got my idea from for this May THA Tag...


Can you find FOUR Morel Mushrooms?
It takes practice, but once you find just ONE, it's usually easier... and addicting!

Here they are...
most commonly called Morels or Shrooms, here.
These are "greys" and others look "black" or "yellow sponges".
PS: I have extra long fingers.

Oops, almost tripped over this one!

That was the largest morel I found and only a few out of the 54 total, only a handful
were under 4 inches. That's a pretty good year. Not the BEST- where I found over 200-
but pretty good!

The biggest batch find all at once.
It usually takes more than one trip to hunt out here in our area, and
they usually grow after and before certain dates of April (end of) and May (beginning of).
By mid-May, the season is over in our area and moves northward toward Michigan.

That one large shroom made a meal for two- with a nice ribeye steak- both 
well done just perfect in MY opinion!
After soaking the shrooms in salt water, each is cut in half and dredged first in 
beaten egg and then flour (I add salt and pepper to mine), then fast frozen onto
cookie sheets for bagging up.....

… or pan fried till golden brown in Butter Flavor Crisco, and eaten right away.


After seeing SHROOMS in my dreams...

I pretty much had a good idea what my Tag was going to look like.
Especially after counting mushrooms day in and day out during the almost-3-week season.
(NOTE: Instead of adding a list of items at the end- I am showing
them in the two photos which will make listing them easier on the THA posting.)

I chose randomly from four sets of TH Remnant Rubs I had,
and chose every 1, 2, and 3 numbers I could find.
After cutting each into a rain/teardrop shape, I used my TH Remnant Rub Tool
to adhere each to my plain white cardstock Tag front.

Then I chose a TH Baseboard Doll that most looked like ME after a
2 mile trek through (mostly) rainy day hiking over hills and through gullies,
and chose some TH Distress Inks, Markers, and Crayons
that fit my Doll and Remnant-Rubbed Tag.

Using some of the TH Transparent Wings- I chose two of the same tiny ones
and poked a hole in the very middle of both- to fit a TH IdeaOlogy Spinner in between...

...and using more TH IdeaOlogy; a Long Fastener and a Jump Ring;
I was able to attach my butterfly to the ribbon (from my general stash)
making it look like the butterfly was pointing out the hidden SHROOMS to me!


And here's the result:


The rain and storms DID help the Shrooms grow,
but it's about time for Indiana to finally get a break after 2 full months of 
rain, rain, and more rain- brought by waaaay too many mega-storms!
Last night was about my last straw; FIVE HOURS of continued heavy storm front
that brought my backyard at least 3 inches of sitting water.
And here I thought my MUD was getting a bit dehydrated by the one sunny afternoon.

Some Closeup Pics:

The Butterfly

I added some Glossy Accents to the TH Word Band- more rain everywhere, ya know.

She DOES just about match the look of MY mood after all this. *sigh*

Some more Glossy Accents made the perfect look of the dew that covers the Shrooms-
which are composed of mostly water. The TH Spritzer gave them the right look as well!

Believe it or not- a plain backside!
Because I want to add some of the above photos in tiny print outs to this side!
You know me and my photos by now. lol

The perspective view- so you can see the buildup of matboard used to pile higher than the
TH Baseboard Doll. I can't help it if I am in LOVE with LAYERING!!!
And those TH Baseboard Dolls are just right for more dimension on just about anything!


And now, I must close here- not only so that I won't miss the THA deadline,
but also so that I can get my mudders on and slop through to the barns to get out
all my yard tools and mower, and try to make some headway into all the damage 
left by last night's storms. Again. This kinda life is getting reeeeeally OLD.
And worst complaint of all: with the power going out all the time, it
doesn't leave one with much time in her Craft Studio to play 
with all those TH Dolls...much less any time to create on the computer!
My ragging is done as I am sooooo over this. Actually, I wanna shout "DO OVER!"
to that season called Spring! But that's not going to happen, and
our Creator GOD has His reasons for all the weather in all places.
We just do like each Challenge or project...and MOVE ON.

A huge THANKS! for checking in once again!

Be Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!




















No comments: