Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Frilly and Funkie Challenge #24; In The Kitchen....Make MERRY like a MOOSE!

  *UPDATE: I missed this Challenge posting by about 5 minutes. But it stands as is for EVERYONE!

     Here I go again; "I'm late! I'm late!!" While I began 5 or 6 projects as early as November, I still end up getting it out and posted at -pretty TOO near- the deadline, *sigh* But, make it in; I WILL! And I think that's the important part.
So while I was a tiny bit disappointed, at first, for a "Kitchen" theme in the middle of the Christmas Season?? I think it was only due to not being able to come up with a plan within just a few minutes of seeing the theme for Challenge #24. I was...well...'STUCK' is really the best word. Nothing came up. I was sooooo into getting some new dies, and just thinking it was going to be...just hadda be!... a snow, Christmas, or deck-the-halls kind of theme, that coming up with something out of a place I spent every night for 26 years (once the kids flew the coup, it was MUCH easier to get outta there!)… I really had to brainstorm on this one! Luckily; I am an admitted CHOCOHOLIC!! True, fully-engulfed, and pleasantly sunk, for-real, Chocoholic: as in "Hi. My name is Lyla, and I'm a Chocoholic. Here, share some with me!!" So that saved my butt this time. :)

                                      We'll start right here with some SxS Instructions...

Gathering materials...which is cool because I still have ONE PACKAGE LEFT
of the GRUNGEPAPER!! (PLEASE,please,please, Tim: get that stuff up and going again!)
The Burlap Paper Stack is from Hobby Lobby. I was going to need a HUGE amount
of it in preferably 12x12 size, and HL had all paper stacks 50% off- I NEVER pay full price 
with Hobby Lobby as they are my Go-To store for just about any bargain for just about any craft!


While I do have the TH Tags THINLITS Set;
with this thick burlap (which has a paper-ish backing), I felt better using
the TH Alterations Tag and Bookplate Die. This die is one of my very FAVE,
one of my very first purchased back when Tim began doing Tags of the Year.
It has probably logged in hundreds of cuts- at least!!

As I thought on....I realized I never got the chance to properly use the TH coffee die.
And a "surprise" idea popped up, so I needed an envelope and found some 
TH Resist Kraftpaper Envelopes (I also have a stack of the regular Krinkle Kraft Paper).

Trash always finds its way into my Studio...via myself or my ChiefHubby.
It all gets my approval (or DISapproval) for removal or recycle.
There is TREASURE in that thar trash!!!




The good old sewing machine came out and had some fun...

...and helped me get four Tags stitched up to make 2 double-sided Tags.

Using the 8x8 stack of Tim Holtz's Classic Kraft Stock, I cut out all the coffee cup pieces
along with at least one layer of the recycled cardboard underneath each piece. 
The "lid" was to have 2 extra layers to make it look more "forward looking".

Those TINY TREES in the TH Merry Moose Thinlits Set...
AWESOME LOOKING!!!
Now, you'd think this was a bit challenging for an RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Patient,
and it was a bit so. But, on the other hand; it was made EASY by the fact that YOU choose what YOU want to do with each tree! You can leave it stark plain...or add a few green branches, or A LOT of green branches. Ditto for snow on the branches. You can cut the trunk shorter or off all the way. You can leave as is, or sand it a bit like I did. And your trees don't even hafta GROW...
they can lay down on the ground like fallen trees in a natural woods. 
Hmm...

If a Tim Holtz die cut tree falls in your created woods...
Will anyone HEAR it??
BwaHahahahahahha!!!
(I just HADDA do that!)


Here's our 2 Merry MOOSE.....Mooses?....whatever.
With an extra Grungepaper set of antlers for height, 
AND a Classic sand-colored Kraft Stock set as well for topping off.

First; both MOOSE....Mooses….whatever!
get a coat color of TH Distress Ink in Tea Dye...
on that Grungepaper; they LOOK "FUZZY"!!

Then, they each get another coating of TH Distress Ink...
in my FAVE ABOVE ALL INK COLORS: Vintage Photo.
You can see the difference it makes in dimension.

He we have both FRONTS of Tags 1 & 2
Tag 2 was to go with another  Tag as a set for Family Gift exchange 
that took place on Saturday, December 15th. (Another reason I am late: PARTIES!)

This side view shows how I put the Krinkle Kraft Envelope into the middle (using hot glue gun).

That SILLY MOOSE...
THOSE silly MOOSE...MOOSES,,,,whatev.

I printed out my own "chitchat" since I needed it to say something specific, in a specific size.

                                                     The BACK SIDES of Tags 1 and 2.


                                                                   Some Closeups...

The green ribbon is a gift to me in a package of orders from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
THANK YOU, LINDA'S MOM!!!
She packages those little freebies and always seems to match mine up to ME exactly!
So I used it on the "tag to keep" to differentiate it from Tag 2.

A close up of REAL Cinnamon Stick!
The receiver can simply break off the top half, or use scissors to snip off some, 
to flavor their...

..cuppa HOT CHOCOLATE WITH MARSHMALLOWS!!




That trash turns into TREASURE: truly!!

The TH Paper Doll on Tag 2... waiting patiently.

The TH Paper Doll on Tag 1 waits...NOT so patiently! lol


Front of Tag1 with Back of Tag 2

Front of Tag 2 with Back of Tag 1
     
The 2 Gifted Tag Set
(You'll see that first one in another post!)

THANK YOU:
For all the TOO KIND comments on my Ice Skates !!!
I really had FUN seeing people open those up and THAT'S what Crafting is all about!
And, it's what make Craft People up there near all the VERY BEST type of people
in the entire WORLD!! We love, we let live, we make, and we share...TOGETHER.

A BIG THANKS goes to The Funkie Junkie Boutique
for sponsoring these Challenges all year long,
AND for getting our orders out so FAST! :)


The year 2018 comes to a close soon,
but 2019 will be hosting MANY Challenges all over the Net on Blogs!
I hope you will be able to join us for at least ONE Challenge at

     Till next posting...

    Be Safe, and
HAPPY BLOGGING!!


2 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful tags, Lyla!!!!!!!! Your blog is such a joy to read!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!! ((hugs))

Larimore2 said...

THANK YOU!!!!
XOXOX!!!!