Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog (formerly Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog); Water, Water, Everywhere... A BARRY Beachy 35th Anniversary!

     Oh my goodness, what a month of traveling July has been for us! We found ourselves up against Hurricane Barry as it barreled toward the south, causing double-red, no swimming flags up all along the Emerald Coast where we spent a week and a half visiting family. The ChiefHubby was helping put up a new overhanging roof off of the Tri-State Christian Camp (DeFuniak Springs, Florida) while the Wifey spent time just helping out where needed, and running places with the Nieces. While we hit the beaches a couple of days, that last visit we arrived just 51 minutes after the double-red posted. They were allowing only shoreline play and while
several people did go out further, sometime that afternoon, we were informed Barry was upgraded from Tropical Storm to become the first Hurricane of 2019 at Category 1. It was very hard for me to sit there and not take to those waves with my board!!! But I am thankful for the Walton County Lifeguards who try to do their jobs and keep everyone safe. We left for Indiana about 30 hours before Barry hit the Louisiana shoreline, and arrived safely home to find out 1 person did drown near the same beach we were at. A stark reminder that GOD's Creation is much more powerful than we realize. My heart goes out to the family whose loss will be tough to take.


       
      Of course, I did hit 2 of the 5 Tuesday Morning stores in search of more Tim Holtz deals, and was not disappointed! I actually hit several different shorelines- 2 lakes as well as the coastline. And near both of those lakes; shops with several old goodies! One of these shops is where I found this box to use for my project. (Then whip it out in two days after getting home!! So HOPEFULLY I am NOT going to miss this deadline...within the hour!) So here we go....

Treasure!





This is what I ended up with: a double-sided foldout.

We ended up buying new large beach towels to replace our 20-something old ones.
I thought it would be cute to add this to the box.



Yes; the seashells are what I've found on this beach.

You can barely see the shell find I managed to get this time; I saw it in the surf
( Yellow and Purple flags posted that day; dangerous marine life around- likely jellyfish)
and managed to get hold of it... a huge hermit crab!
I took him to the sand and coaxed him out for a few snaps...

He happily went back into the surf- on his way to who-knows-where.



Beach trips have been going on for just about all the 35 years of our marriage.
We've hit four out of 5 of the Great Lakes as well as the Atlantic Coast and the Gulf.
Canadian International Waters, and the Caribbean, too.
I always give thanks for being able to see all these places,
and know how blessed we are to live in the USA!!



     
           It's good to be Back Home Again In Indiana....for a few more days and then we are off
       again! Summer is my favorite time and trying to find Studio time is tough going when there is
        so much WATER, WATER, WATER to be enjoyed.... my sailboat, fishing at the lake, or just
         hanging in the pool. I also actually LOVE mowing! I know; I'm a strange type of girl. lol!
            I'll try to keep up with The Funkie Junkie Challenge Blog because not only do I really
           love the themes the Lead Designers come up with, but I have found "my fun place"
           where I can also find whatever I need if I don't have it- at The Funkie Junkie Boutique !
                              Giving them an extra plug is a nice way to thank them for the
                           special attention they give their customers! (For REAL, people!)

So, until next time...

BE SAFE &
HAPPY BLOGGING!

1 comment:

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Lyla what an adventure you've already been on! So glad to hear you stayed safe as Hurricane Barry hit the shores. And your holiday memories are so perfectly recorded in this memory box, altered as ever to perfection! I love how you've added the photos and really enhanced them with your embellishments. And the idea of adding the tri-fold space for your photos was such a clever idea for giving you more 'real estate' to play with. So good to have you playing along! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog.