Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Frilly And Funkie Challenge #6 Bloomin' Marvellous!... "Everything's Coming Up Roses"

     UPDATE: I just missed the deadline (by about 40 mins) for the FFChallenge #6, but this posting will stay up as is, and I'll work at getting the next Challenge done!
       Another deadline I am hoping to make just by the skin of my knuckles! We are literally burning our candle at both ends...and in the middle on both ends! The flooring is coming along sooooo nicely! Sure, we have had our share of little shakeups in problems to take care of, but by and large; we are getting things done that have needed to be fixed or taken care of for ages !!! So much traveling has put a huge dent in our detail of the little things (you know.... that hole in the wall that needed spackling, but you just moved the pictures and kinda let that go). So all of that, and more, is being done NOW as we put in the new wood flooring. But what a GREAT feeling it is to do it on your own!! We have certainly learned a lot of things in our years at Carpenters For Christ, and other building Missions we have helped in. So all that experience has really helped US as well as so many others! (We even helped put up real log cabins at at Camp!) But, as most good things: it has it's bad side, Time happens to be the No.1 Enemy right now. Plus- a huge cruncher came along last week: the ChiefHubby hit a deer on the way to work and totaled Little Blue (Toyota Prius 2012). Since it was paid for long way back, I had absolutely no desire to have another brand new car. We just bought the Ford 4 dr 150 15 months ago (& were hugely blessed to be able to just write a check for a brand new truck)! So having another to purchase since we still have a need for two vehicles so I can make my (omgosh...at least a DOZEN every year) doctor appts, as well as a backup just in case of anything comes up (family or friends have used them when emergencies happen, as they often do for everyone). So he found a new car just today and we'll see how it goes before the next posting, but the arrangements already are made for paying the dealer, so I assume he will be driving it home in the next day or two. The rental (with its COLORADO plates!) goes back Friday. So CrunchTime is here for just about EVERYTHING!!
Can I scream now?!?!
        Now that scream is out; I feel better. So, here we go....

This is what began 2 YEARS AGO as a booklet (put together with a metal ring when all 'pages' are finished) made from the TH Alterations M&S Die Big Ticket. I cut several matboard Tickets from scrap stock purchased from Hobby Lobby. (They usually sell the unused portions of matboard used to frame photos in big packages in the Clearance section of the store. Or just ask for them in the Framing Dept and I always find a very nice deal on a big stack of them!)

Cutting the edges of the INSIDE parts I wanted for the Ticket page-without harming the folder I made from plain cardstock to sit in between the main Ticket board and the frame (of another cut) presented the problem of getting a CLEAN cut... until I looked through my hand die cutters and found that the end of a heart made the perfect same cut!

Using Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo, I made a base for the envelope/folder that would hold the inside tag, and be the background for the frame.

After using one of the TH grunge stamps to 'ghost stamp' in numbers on the Oxide (drying in between each step is a must for the adhesive to stick the layers together later in the project), I then chose to do a technique Tim did on several of the "12 Tags" that I fell in love with: Texture Paste and Embossing Powder. I love the TH Stencil Collection and my fave is the "Brick". but I added a bit of "Gothic" in there also. 

Now, the roses were actually made 2 years ago- my first practice with the new die cutting and then gluing all these. You can see that I was not too versed in it yet, because the plastic from the glue gun is showing up. But, I really hated to toss these away because as I made more of them- they tended to look too pretty to just toss out. 
REMEMBER: EMBRACE YOUR OWN IMPERFECTION!
So saying; here they BE!

So here are the finished pieces of the "page" without all the embellies. The frame was easy- just slapped some TH Tissue Tape over that baby and hit 'er with some Oxide Distress and a little water, then finished it up with some regular Distress Ink in the same Vintage Photo as the Oxide.
I kinda' 2-layered it! And I LOVE IT!

Yep- the blue and red were also done at that same time (2 years ago), and I think I DID get better as I made more roses!

So the inside Tag- TH Pocket Cards made this EASY: I chose the one I wanted (they are all double-sided cardstock) and then cut the end with the TH Alterations On the Edge File Tabs Die.
Inking all the outer edges then put two TH Dolls that looked like my 2 girls, making them stand out a bit by letting the glue dry a bit. (If it dries too much, you can just use your heat gun to melt it out a bit while it sits where you want it. You can also use this trick to 'pull it back out' to make it stand out from the paper more.)

And then the boys' side... these two 'fit' my boys better than the sets of two, and an added little cartoon sticker of books just put the older boy up a bit higher to have his hand on top of the head of the younger boy.... my two did A LOT of silly poses together over their growing up years. *sigh*


From the start (even 2 years ago) the plan for this page was that the dark roses would stand for the men (my ChiefHubby, Older Son, and Younger Son) and the red roses stood for the girls (myself, Older DiL and Younger Dil) and then Cole was coming along and I made up a tiny light blue to stand for him. But NOW? Well,...now I want MORE Grandbabies! Oh, not right away, you know. I mean, I hope they get 'spaced out' evenly enough for the kids to keep up ok...and for us OLD FOLK to be able to SPOIL THE HECK OUTTA EACH ONE!!!
So- that little butterfly up there stands for the HOPE I have in those 'more' still to come.
*wink-wink!*

These TH Dolls are sooooo adorbs !!!
They make it so easy to add a little touch of personalization but making it "old" at the same time!
I have had mine since they first came out (a splurge online got them here), and I find myself  just feeling like a little girl again...picking and choosing, then going back through them all and doing it all over again! They're so addicting !!!



The Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog has some awesome Crafters putting up some really COOL projects if you can pop in to take a look!
And if you are inspired by these projects to gear up and join us;
The Funkie Junkie Boutique sponsors a random prize drawing as well as Award Badges for your own Blog! They carry just about everything you need to get started - if you aren't already 'equipped' with the basics. There are new posts every Saturday to help you learn some new tricks, too. 
Even the long-time Crafters (such as myself) learn new things all the time!!!

And for those who pop in (and esp to those leaving those SOOO NICE COMMENTS!):
THANK YOU!!!

Ya'all Be Safe, & HAPPY BLOGGING !!!!


2 comments:

sarascloset said...

How in the WORLD did I miss this? How BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe you missed the deadline! How many times have I done THAT??? Anyway, I am here to say I'm sorry you are feeling badly, and I pray for healing for your painful joints very soon! Thinking of you...Hugs!

sarascloset said...

PS I adore those paper dolls, too; my favorite Ideaology goodie next to Quote Chips!