Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge #23 Home Is Where Your Heart Is...Longing For HOME!


 The election is...over?? I'm hoping that honesty will win out. Somehow. But, no matter who wins; my hope and faith is in GOD- nothing less than. And my faith is that GOD is still in control.  So that's my inspiration for this- my 2nd entry- for "Home Is Where The Heart Is" . My plan all along was to show both my Earthly home ( CLICK HERE if you missed it), and my REAL home. What made this project the most fun is Tim Holtz's new Alterations Bigz Die Cathedral Window. Being a Sizzix Bigz Die means this will cut into very thick materials, which gives you much more choices in how to use it. With Christmas and Easter- this die is going to not only be fun, but very useful in decor and children's crafts as well. I can't get enough of everyone's photos of what they have done with this die so far, and I;ve already laid out plans for my next make with same. Meanwhile...let's just get to this and make this a fast post so we hit the deadline...argh!


Beginning with several items- including some recent orders from The Funkie Junkie Boutique -
The Cathedral Window was going to be the center of attention- the "home" part.

I was digging through my drawers of large stash items when my hands landed on this!
It was from a bargain trip to Tuesday Morning very early this year
before COVID19 took over... ahh...those were the days, huh?
And guess what fit this size of frame PERFECTLY...

... the CATHEDRAL WINDOW DIE CUT!!
I started out by cutting 2 windows from Mat Board, then gave each piece here a bit
of gentle sanding where needed (the frame is in GREAT condition on its own, but I did
get one little tiny splinter off the side- and got rid of it with one fell swoop of the sander.

Let dry, then gave each a second coat. (TH Picket Fence Distress Paint).
The paint dries fast, but you can help it along with heat tool.

Using a TH IdeaOlogy Vellum Scene- ocean with sun going down-
I cut the vellum to fit just the bottom half of the window.
But don't glue yet!
Glossy Accents (by Ranger) spread all over the top window panel,
and some TH Rock Candy Distress Glitter gave the white some "Oomph",
then refit the vellum in between the 2 panels using the Glossy Accents again.
GA dries very fast, so this set of steps is quick and easy.

After the coating of Picket Fence was finished - and completely dry- 
on the window part of the frame set, I coated it with Multi Medium Matte.
Let this coat of MMM dry on it's own very well.
Meanwhile, I drilled a hole all the way through the back base board of the frame set
so that only the lightbulb part of this tea candle. 
These smaller, new kind of tea lights can be found both
 at Hobby Lobby or Amazon- these are very tiny and run on just one of the same batteries that IdeaOlogy's Tiny Lights run on, but they give a singularly large 
'flicker' of goldish light such as a regular tea light.
Then I recoated in the area where the hole was made.
I should have waited...yeah, I know. *sigh*


This orange circle shows how the light bulb only just barely comes through the base board.
After fitting my background paper onto the board, it was easy to just add Glossy Accents
to both the topside of the tea light (which was flush up against the back of the frame set- I can replace the battery by just opening the tea light case as usual),  and the bulb showing through.
What you see here is the frame set sitting on top of the tea light- which sits flat on the table.
The scissor sets are all just holding the frame set down- 
to keep the spring down, as the bottom of the tea light is not yet on.


Finishing the outer frame was easy-peasy:
Those TH Distress Crayons !!
I made sure the coat of Multi Medium Matte was completely dry,
and then scrubbed the Crayon (Hickory Smoke) over the bumpy parts.
Then dipped a paintbrush in water and just glazed the water over the Crayon to spread it more
into the cracks and crevices of the frame. (The sides of both pieces in the frame set have 
also been covered in Picket Fence Distress Paint- for side viewing.)

I just got this TH Alterations Movers and Shapers Set; Crown and Fleur-de-lis
finally added to my collection! (I'm still on the lookout for the Mini Old Jalopy.) 
Making a more dimensional crown is easy- layer it up in odds!

Although I do have TH Alterations Bigz Die Layered Wings...
I thought these were more fitting. And cuter, to boot.
I did replace the heart from the TH Alterations Die Heart and Wings (retired)
with a Mini (larger of the 2) Heart from the M&S (retired) set above.

That.. Distress Glaze!!!!

I love this song by Building 429 ("Where I Belong")
and it's one of the songs that is easier for me to hear since they are huge on bass.
So I looked up some images of the sheet music, shrank them and made
my own ephemera for the title resting place
(title made from TH IdeaOlogy Clippings Stickers).


Results are; me doing my Happy Dance...

~LONGING FOR HOME~
One Day, those of us who are deaf, will be the first to hear Him coming back!
The blind will be the first to see Him,
and the lame, handicapped, and afflicted- as well as all the children-
 will be the first to be caught up to meet Him!

GOD is LOVE itself.
His crown has 7 points for perfectness, but three ruby crystals
(from stash but given a top shine of  Ranger TH Alcohol Ink in Watermelon) represent the Trinity (GOD The Father in middle, JESUS The Son on the right side of GOD, & The Holy Spirit on left of GOD).

Glossy Accents on the backsides of the song sheets give it more durability.
Edging the IdeaOlogy Clippings Stickers- Regular Distress Ink in Fired Brick.

She holds an IdeaOlogy Gumdrop Heart- which is JESUS in us.

Lit up- it says it all.

The tea light makes the vellum sun look like a REAL sun!

THANK YOU!
Everyone, for peeking in , and especially all the nice comments
(I consider "like"s and <3 s to also be a comment),
as they always give the Crafter a warm, fuzzy feeling. ;)

If you get a chance- stop in to see the other AWESOME makes
that get posted for each Challenge !

Until next time...

Stay SAFE, Wash the HANDS, Wear the MASK,
and
HAPPY BLOGGING!!!






1 comment:

sarascloset said...

I was so excited you made a post for this wonderful make and not just an IG post (sorry, I'm not into IG.) I love how you think of home and how each detail reflects that on this gorgeous and inspiring frame! I just ordered the cathedral window and looking forward to using it. You have inspired me, Lyla! I'm so happy you shared this with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog for this Home is Where the Heart Is challenge!