Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge #24 Celebrate!...We Three Kings

 


   When it came time for this Funkie junkie Challenge, I can honestly blame this make on them- lol! For real; Linda Coughlin, whose shop -The Funkie Junkie Boutique- likes to pack along little fun freebies with each order. Linda gets to know her customers and what they like, and she goes out of the way to get her hands on what you want- if she doesn't already have it in stock. I recently ordered a few things and her freebies were the inspiration for this Tag. You can say I was obsessed with this Tag once I got going. I still have my $25 GC I won from a previous Challenge. It's RANDOM- so YOU can win also!! But you can't win if you don't MAKE something and ENTER IT. Come and join in on the FUN!!! I'll be making my next order and just Keep On Crafting!

             No time to waste; deadline looming and it's been busy in this house.


The Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Die Wise Men became a thing I just had to HAVE-
once Linda (or her Helpers) put one of the cuts in a pkg.
It was all started with that sheet music ephemera!
So I googled an image exactly like it and that became Side 2 for my Wise Men Tag.
 

I can't keep track of all the GOODIES I have ordered from The Funkie Junkie Boutique,
but they sure do know I am a Tim Holtz Addict- through and through!

Swiped through a mix- heavy on the Chipped Sapphire.

Heat dried and then coated THE POINTS ONLY side of the
TH Crackle 3D Embosslit and quickly coated the tag with plain white embossing powder
and reheated. It came outy exactly as I hoped and I was encouraged to go the full mile for stars!

Here, you can see the obsession build: Just got the Embossing done.

REQUIREMENT for A VINTAGE JOURNEY CHALLENGE BLOG- "Sets"
While the rest of the Tags will look the same- it's the BACKGROUNDS of Side 1 
that will all be unique...and I made sure to take pics of all 9 backgrounds together.
The 8 on the side will be Christmas Tag Gifts for my Besties (I make these every year for them).

Then, I chose to coat over each with Glossy Accents and sprinkled all over with 
TH Ranger Distress Glitter in Clear Rock Candy.

Here's just a peek of the Background for Side 1- before anything else on top.
Like millions of stars that fill the sky!
My hope was to make it look as big a sky as nighttime in Joshua Tree National Park.
(Not yet: get COVID19 over with and it'll be the trip we take NEXT!!)

Cuts of flowers to layer as a Poinsetta (I'm still not sure if I am going to add this element
to the other Tags- I really dislike the "glittery" stuff. 
But for just ONE Tag- it took me out of my box a bit, and filled
the "Bright Colors" REQUIREMENT for TFJB Challenge "Celebrate!"
Here- I am TH Distress Glazing with some Fired Brick (Ink and D-Glaze) on the flower,
and some Oxide Vintage Photo Ink with Antique Linen D-Glaze.

REQUIREMENT: TFJBChallenge "Celebrate!"- glitzy, glossy, and bright colors.
What better than TH Stickles!!!

Making the faux stained glass...
I used plain vellum sheet and alcohol ink!
WOWZA!!


And, I got THIS:


Side 1


Side 2






And B-b-b-b, phft! That's all for now, folks!
I have plenty more makes to post, so stay tuned!
THANKS!! for the kind comments and taking the time to peek in!
Please check out the rest of some super COOL entries on 
where I am entered:


Until next time...

Be SAFE, Wear the MASK, Wash the HANDS, &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!!








.

3 comments:

sarascloset said...

Lyla, your besties are going to love this year's tag! What a fabulous sparkling night sky to show off that Star of Bethlehem! I love how you've used the wise men die on that side, too. But what takes my breath away is that elegant poinsettia on the reverse side atop that beautiful stained glass cathedral window. A perfect place for those carolers to sing and play their Christmas hymns! Thanks so much for adding this to our Celebrate challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cec said...

Your tags are all fantastic. Loving all the layers, die cuts and great techniques. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec

sarascloset said...

Back to say congratulations on being our top choice at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog once again! You rocked this challenge!