Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Year 2013 & Year 2014 2

Thursday, November 26, 2020

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge #25 "A Time To Be Grateful".... and A Vintage Journey Challenge; November "Sets"...Memory Books


 November seemed to just steam-roller over me and December is only a few days away. During the first few weeks of COVID19, when authorities were saying it might last until July, I was one of the first to drop my jaw with the feeling of "Noooo! It just CAN'T last THAT long!" Hahaha....silly me. I'm hoping that the flow of vaccines will move smoothly and by the time Summer 2021 gets here- yeah, I'm not holding my breath for sooner than that- we will be getting back to some semblance of 'normal'. I know, I know; it will still be a new kind of normal because I doubt we have seen the last of a Coronavirus. But, I can hope, right?

Meanwhile, I have always had at least 3 things going on at once- never a dull, idle moment here at home. And I have been doubly busy as I have been trying out quite a few crafty ideas I've had for a long time. It's kind of vaulted  me ahead a bit. But, there's always the blogging to do, so here I am in the wee hours of Thanksgiving, and getting these 3 latest makes posted. While I feel 'early' for once in my life, I am actually late again; this (as well as one more make) is for my "ChickCousin" (my nickname for her since she is not only the ChiefHubby's 1st Cousin whose younger brother was a Best Friend, but she's been one of my very closest Besties my entire marriage)- her birthday was earlier in November and I was not quite finished....as usual. Cindy lost her Husband Roy, a couple years back. And I have NOT been a very good


Bestie in spending time with her. We've been on the same time-line with my 2 boys and her younger 2 boys (who grew up as close as neighbors, cousins, and friends), but different time-lines with Grandkids since her older 2 boys have Grandkids of their own who are the same age as my Grands. I have a plan, though... this make is for me to spend an evening with her- while she quilts (her passion) while I fill this book with her favorite photos.

                   So let me show you what I did here... 


This is something I've wanted to try for some time, now;
instead of doing a "tea dye", I wondered if you could get darker, more varied stains
with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks....dropped into water, as if it were steeped tea bags??
I chose Ground Espresso... yeah- it's kind of funny... tea... coffee...lol.

I did use gloves for this- not wishing to stain the crevices of my nailbeds.


The ink's reactions in the water is VERY COOL to watch!!!

And yep- it worked VERY NICELY!!

I played around with more kinds of paper- cardstocks, etc.
And then I also did more play- flicking water, dragging a few pieces through droplets leftover, etc.

Then I cut my 2 sets of covers and layered them together in order to make
2 books with 3 signatures each.

I totally admit my dependency on Tim Holtz items...LOL!!

The ideas of decorating with just the PAPER are unlimited!






Here's the results...




I did a couple of pages in mine- just to show her a couple of cute ideas for her pics!







I'm entering this set of Memory Books into the following challenges:
 
based on their November theme "Sets" in which we are to make anything
that is a set of 2 or 3 things (cards, tags, etc.).

and

with their theme "A Time To Be Grateful" in which we are to
craft something that shows our thankfulness to someone or thankfulness in general. 
My Bestie, Cindy has always been there for not just myself, but for my family-
and just about everyone in our extended family.
And she shares her AWESOME talent in making quilts and quilted items for everyone!
(More on that in another post yet to come!)
Meanwhile, it looked to me as if she LOVED her Memory Book- and 
began texting me photos for printing to use on our evening visit in December!

Next post coming up soon! Meanwhile...


Stay SAFE, Wear the MASK, Wash the HANDS, &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!





No comments: